7/13/10

Why Magnet?

I was once told a very long time ago by someone that I'm like to a magnet to people. I could not come up with a name which wasn't cheesy or lame so I thought lets try the The Magnet if it works it works...if it doesn't then well better luck to me next time.. I've tried this whole blogging thing several dozen times. I wasn't even sure what I wanted to blog about. I began thinking what are my interests? would anyone even care to read my blog apart from my husband of course who feels like he needs to read everything ever written on this planet before the end of life.I'm not too much of a reader but blogs are one of my favorite thing to read. Its something so beautiful about reading about a complete stranger and realizing there is something joining us all as human beings together.. how we all feel the same emotions, how we all feel the same feelings, how we all want to talk about things we LOVE.

I'll start with saying a little about me. I'm a brand new American resident. Born in India, grew up in England with very westernized views about life unlike my forefathers who thought women were good for just a few things cooking and raising kids.. but then again all of our forefathers and some of our husbands feel that way.. Don't worry this is not a blog about womens rights! Moving swiftly on.. I always was the kind of girl who thought getting married was so far away in the future.. I read something a few days ago on a blog and the name of the blog made me think of me! "This is not the life I ordered" Well life has been something similar to me. I wasn't the kind who thought hey lets get married at 20 and start having kids at 22! however life is unpredictable and so I met my match - my best friend in the world my husband Raj when I was merely 21 like all love stories we fell head over heals and decided a trans-Atlantic romance just was not going to workout.. So he fly's to England and we get engaged and 4 months later we're married.. Things happened so quickly with my graduation, a part-time job and full-time school and a full fledged romance I wasn't even sure what hit me.. but having said that.. at 22 I was married and living with one of the most interesting people I had ever met in my life.. I've had plenty of flings with boys but there was something so different and special about this boy.. I knew the moment I first saw him that I was going to marry him..

My parents always said to me I always get what I want.. by hook or by crook.. Thats just how I am.I might wait years before acting on a specific plan but if I want to get something at the back of my mind I'm thinking about it all along. I have big dreams and I have every intension of completing at least 5 of the items of my bucket list starting with this one.. having a successful online blog which actually gets read by someone other than my husband.

I intend on giving you a blog which talks about everything from Relationships to Interior Design, from Cooking to Movies.My blog is inspired by Making it Lovely - I have been reading Nicole's blog for a while now and she is really inspiring.. Stay tuned!

Take it easy readers..
K

No comments:

Post a Comment