7/15/10

A Quick and Healthy Snack

I love to cook and I haven't much lately. I have made excuses for it but I just finished a really good book I loved, I lost, I made spaghetti. I was super inspired and I would like to get back to cooking as much as I did when we first got married.  With the way the world is today no one has time for anything and its really important for me to learn and make it a point to eat healthier. In the past few months I have let my self go!! Completely,so has hubby and I have set my self a goal of eating healthy and leading a much better healthier life. My goal is to loose 30Lbs in the next 4 months, which means I have to loose around 2lbs a week. Yesterday when I found myself seeing  spots in the middle of the Barnes and Nobles I decided we going to set ourselves a challenge and not eat out at all for 1 month. I have set a special challenge just for me to find alternative ways of cooking some not to healthy dishes which I love. I started today with a recipe from Purva's Blog, I have used this so many times and I absolutely love it. Her recipe is fairly healthy  but I decided to improvise further. 



6 Whole Wheat English Muffins (Normally made with Crumpets which are really hard to find but the only place I have found them is Fresh Market.)
8 Chopped Mushrooms
1 cup of sweet corn ( Can use baby corn too)
1 Small Chopped Bell Pepper
1 Medium sized Onion
1 Small Tomatoes ( I omitted the Tomato)
1 Tablespoon of Ginger-garlic paste
1 Teaspoon of Oregano and Basil
Salt & Pepper to taste
Cooking Spray ( You can use butter too)

Method:
1. Heat the vessel sprayed with oil. Add ginger - garlic paste and saute Onions in this mixture.
2. Add tomatoes and saute for 1/2 a minute, dont allow the it to become too watery.
3. Add capsicum, baby corns and mushrooms along with salt, basil and oregano and let it cook for 1 minute.
4. Spread the cooked vegetables on the muffins.
5. Bake the crumpets in the Oven for 10 minutes on 180 degree celcius.
6. Serve it hot with any soup. 

Take it easy readers, leave me a comment 
K
 

No comments:

Post a Comment