7/18/10

Lets Eat Pray and Love

When Elizabeth Gilbert's eat pray love was first published. I was so hyped to get the book and start reading it. I bought it immediately. After having read the first 1/3 of the book I was taken aback. The book was not as amazing as everybody seems to think it is. I actually got so bored I was not sure I even wanted to finish it. A few weeks ago I decided to pick it back up and start reading it again and finish! I will finish it this time around. I have set myself a goal to finish it before Eat Pray Love ( The Movie ) is out in cinema's. I thought Eat Pray Love is the kind of book I would absolutely love.. because I cannot remember the last book I read which was about food or traveling that I didn't love. Well a little bit of background explanation seems required here. I am massive food junkie and I am a massive travel junkie too. I am the kind of person who loves not only to cook but also to eat out. One of the things that satisfies that need for me is traveling.. whenever I go traveling it fulfills my need to explore and fulfills my curiosity as far as the need to learn about people, their cultures and their traditions. As many of you know from before I was born in India, I grew up in England then I moved to the Netherlands for 8 months to take part in an International Student Exchange program. Till today its one of the best things I ever did to explore about myself. Thats where I learned about my love for wanting to travel and learn about cultures and people and most of all about me. I also learned there how much I LOVED to cook and entertain. Before Arnhem,NL I was not much of a cook, but meeting people who shared the same love as me definitely made me feel like I belonged somewhere. I miss my friends from Arnhem. Every one of them helped me learn a new thing about me. As far as pray is concerned I am practicing Hindu,who is always confused and curious about my religion. I am trying to learn a little bit more about it everyday. Thats one of my other goals long with shedding the 30 lbs as I grow older I feel a sense of urgency to learn about my religion and what its all about. I want to give my self a set of goals which can be fulfilled so I find inner peace.

Anyways away from the rambling, I hope to finish the book and have a review my the end of the month, its fairly small book, will keep you posted about the goals. 
Take it easy readers
K
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. you know...i started this book too...and it seemed kinda boring! i hope to finish it before the movie comes out!

    ReplyDelete