9/23/10

We have moved!

We've moved to Philadelphia,PA.. We moved about a month ago and that is why I have not been posting lately.. we're all moved in. I am excited to explore this brand new city and make new friends.. The most exciting part of it all is moving so close to NYC.. I can hop on the train any day I want to.. :)  I have finished unpacking but my bedroom is going to be my master piece this year.. I love flea markets and thrift stores. you can find gems hidden in a pile of mess at these stores. Apart from my bed most of my furniture in the bedroom is thrift store finds. We used everything as is at our old apartment but the space in the patio and the rooms itself helps me renovate some of the old ideas. We bought a three piece set from the Goodwill a long time ago for about $100 its all solid wood and perfect fit for our bedroom needs. I decided to give up one of the pieces which was  the mirror half of the dresser.It was huge and just a hassle to move all the way from NC to PA instead I picked up from my mother in laws hoarding a large mirror she has 4 of the same mirror. I am still in the process of refinishing the mirror and the dresser and armoir but the first coat of white has been put on each of them. I found at USA thrift in Camden NJ a cool little night stand for my bedside.Hubby and I used  tv trays as night stands at the old place. I found a goregous littel piece from Roses for $10 for his needs which is to store books and a lamp like the one in the picture above. For me I decided to buy the $9 thrift store find and refinish it into a shabby chic piece. Below are the before and after pictures. I found the drawer knobs at Anthropologie a long time ago and had bought them because they were on sale.  Take it easy readers!
After

Before

No comments:

Post a Comment